W7 "A Change is Gonna Come"
I knew pretty quick what song I wanted to do my blog on as soon as I heard A Change is Gonna Come in class. The beat and rhythm of this song is super relaxing and so upbeat too! I love the sway that it has too! This song really touched me early on, the message it carries just in those first words. "I was born by the river in a little tent... Oh, and just like the river I've been a-runnin' ever since." Just the power and sincerity in his voice just pierces me to the soul. The words take me back and make me think about the hate and persecution that the African-American's experienced at that time. Just feels my heart with so much sorrow, but looking back and seeing how it is today I love the hope that this song gives as well. They didn't know for sure that it would change, but I feel like Sam Cooke inspired others with his music and especially this song! I know that he really changed and brought light into the world especially for the African-Americans at that ti...
I really like your line "The violin really sets an almost suspicious and creepy tune, yet the song is very soothing". It is cool how in music emotions and feelings can be portrayed in any way we want. We can make a sad song sound happy, or make a happy song sound sad. Music really has unlimited ways of displaying what we want in the way we want. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI really like this song too, but is has almost an eerie snow white running trough a forest type of vibe with the intro that transitions into the crooner Nat "King" Cole. The message that is in the lyrics is actually really cool. A magical boy travels the land and tells all types of stories. then he give this advice "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return".
ReplyDelete